Jasper, Georgia | October 9, 2020
QSR Jasper is seeking a highly motivated Controls Engineer for our Global Automotive Ignition System Factories. Our engineering team strives to create factories of the future by overseeing the design of cutting-edge equipment and utility systems in support of highly innovating manufacturing processes. The ideal candidate takes pride in his/her hands-on work, analytical ability, organizational skills and attention to detail. They appreciate an environment where innovative and high-quality work is encouraged, noticed and rewarded and where individuals carry tremendous responsibility. They look forward to learning an incredible amount on the job. They are an excellent cross-team communicator, with a knack for understanding, process, mechanical, and electrical systems as well as complex controls.
- Develop, modify, and maintain manufacturing data collection systems and data sharing systems.
- Develop PLC code and provide machine control configuration and validation for production and support equipment.
- Provide written documentation of work instructions/procedures to support software validation, instrument qualification and operational qualification package.
- Spec out machine vision systems, write vision code and maintain high quality output from the system on an ongoing basis.
- Provide technical support for new and existing automation equipment across multiple plants
- Travel to other QSR facilities as needed to assist with new program launches or equipment installations.
- Ensure production equipment meets all safety and environmental standards.
- Identify and research advancements in processes, equipment, software, and, hardware to support cost reductions, improve quality and efficiency.
- Manage vendors and contractors to optimally execute scopes of work
- Perform technical support to manufacturing, process engineering, automation, and maintenance
- Participate in continuous improvement efforts, corrective action formulation, and root-cause investigation
- BS/MS in an Engineering field (Majors in: Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Control Systems, Computer Science and Engineering, Mechatronic Engineering, Automation Engineering, etc.)
- 3-5 years of experience as a hands-on Controls Engineer or Applications Engineer working on automation and/or electromechanical systems.
- Proficiency in programming industrial process and manufacturing equipment:
- PLCs (Omron, Siemens, Allen Bradley)
- Human Machine Interface (HMI / GUI – Ignition, Siemens Comfort Panel, AB Panelview, Wonderware, fxView)
- Ability to program machine vision systems and image processing software (Teledyne Dalsa, Cognex, Keyence, Basler, Fanuc)
- Proficiency programming and tuning variable frequency drives
- Advanced proficiency with various text based program languages (Python, VB, .NET, C,C++)
- Experience transitioning products and processes from concept to production desired
- Configuration of controls networks including:
- Field bus Networks (ProfiNet, , DeviceNet, Ethernet/IP)
- Serial communication (RS-232, RS-422, RS-485, ProfiBus, BacNet) between PLCs and instruments and microcontrollers
- Ethernet communications between machine PLCs and database systems
- Advanced proficiency in database systems (MSSQL, MySQL, Access) is a plus
- Proficiency creating detailed process, electrical, pneumatic and fluid schematics in CAD (AutoCAD). Ability to use 3D CAD packages such as with Revit is a plus.
- Exposure to a wide variety of production machinery, industrial sensors, and equipment (Level, temperature and pressure transducers, current and power meters, etc) is a plus
- Experience programming Cartesian, SCARA and Articulated robots is a plus (Fanuc, Kuka, Motoman, Mitsubishi) is a plus
- Experience creating technical specifications for process or manufacturing equipment is a plus