Corporate Collection Analyst
Solon, Ohio | January 31, 2020
Purpose of the job
The collections analyst position functions as a business partner between our customers and our plants to effectively manage accounts receivable for an assigned location(s). This position requires you to review, reconcile, and make collections inquiries on customers’ past due accounts, while keeping the Credit Manager informed of progress.
- Resolve payment issues on delinquent customer accounts.
- Analyze and reconcile customer account activity.
- Review and resolve customer invoice and payment issues.
- Must be organized and detail oriented to keep database notes and follow up.
- Maintain customer accounts to ensure information is updated.
- Identify customer account issues and work with the appropriate departments to resolve
- Understand the cash application process and act as a back up when needed
- Reports to Credit Manager
Knowledge, skills and experience
- B.S. in accounting or business administration.
- 3 – 5 years accounts receivable experience
- Proficient in Excel and other MS Office applications
- Problem analysis and problem-solving skills
- Experience with ERP systems (QAD, IQMS a plus)
- Excellent customer service skills
- Must maintain strong professionalism and ethics