Sturtevant, Wisconsin | July 26, 2019
Qure – Medical has an opportunity to join the Sturtevant WI Team in a role that will have a significant contribution to our growth!
Job Summary; plan, direct and coordinate the storage and shipment of materials and maintaining the accuracy of inventory levels. Lead the site planning/procurement, customer service, inventory control, receiving and shipping team members.
- Develop, implement and evaluate policies and procedures designed to improve the organization’s ability to receive, store, manufacture and ship products and materials in the most efficient, cost-effective manner.
- Manage plant customer service representative and interface with customers, provide timely feedback and delivery schedules based on customer forecasts.
- Implement and evaluate inventory control and capacity planning measures to ensure inventories are at optimal levels and are fully supportive of scheduled production.
- Continuously monitor and manage usage, on-hand inventory levels to include raw materials, work-in-progress and finished goods inventory levels as well as projected deliveries to insure the timely filling of orders and the maintenance of safety stock. Report discrepancies and initiate corrective actions as needed.
- Analyze inventories to determine how to increase inventory turns, reduce waste, or optimize materials’ availability.
- Monitor ERP inventory control system to direct the management of inventory levels and develop and apply metrics in accordance with strategic priorities to meet established performance targets. Reconciles discrepancies between physical inventories, cycle counts and data listed in the inventory control system.
- Collaborate with Operations to plan production forecasting and resource requirements.
- Actively monitor plant inventory movement and shipping procedures evaluating efficiencies, championing adoption of “best practices” to enhance cost effectiveness and improve responsiveness.
- Manage the obsolete/surplus inventory program.
- Drive improvements in inventory transactions through training and development of best practices and procedures.
- Leadership; coach, train, develop and evaluate materials team members in all aspects of material flow. Ability to lead cross-functional teams and peers.
- Ensures compliance with safety programs.
- BA/BS in appropriate discipline. 5+ years of experience in materials, preferred.
- 3+ years of experience in a leadership role, preferred
- In-depth knowledge of ERP systems – IQMS experience preferred.
- ISO-13485 experience preferred.
- Good Analytical and Math knowledge
- Skilled in problem solving/systems analysis/5S/Lean manufacturing
- Excellent oral and written communications and interpersonal skills