Sturtevant, Wisconsin | June 4, 2020
RESPONSIBILITY AND AUTHORITY:
- Responsible for technical and engineering leadership in the development, validation and execution of molding programs.
- Will have primary responsibility for introducing new molding programs to the business assuring safety, quality, repeatability and efficiency. Generate, update and implement process documentation, operator work instructions, manufacturing procedures, sample requests, process, inspection and troubleshooting guides.
- Additionally, improve existing processes, develop new and cost effective manufacturing concepts, mentor set up/process technicians and engage maintenance personnel in resolving process, material, mold, tooling and equipment problems using systematic methods of troubleshooting, root cause analysis, and irreversible corrective action implementation.
- Execute validation and qualification (IQ/OQ/PQ) protocols for new product, equipment, tooling and processes. Follow SOP on re-validation of existing equipment, tooling and processes.
- Support flawless launch activities through active participation in FMEA, part and tool design reviews and other cross-functional team events.
- Close assigned CAPA’s in a timely manner.
- Utilize project management tools in establishing timelines, building action item list and completing milestones. Maintaining project timelines, complete project and report status in a timely manner.
- Responsible for LSR injection sampling process, establishing processing standards for all new tooling. Documentation of established processes.
- Prepares molds for sampling, including assembly of tools, wiring, testing and/or debugging the mold’s electrical, hydraulic or mechanical systems and mold temperature controllers.
- Collaborates with toolmakers, project managers and designers to test, debug, and engineer solutions to optimize product performance.
- Assists in specification of testing for products and materials.
- Participates in cross-functional problem solving teams.
- Recommends tool modifications or repairs.
- Investigates new technology as assigned by supervisor
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or related technical discipline is preferred required. Associate’s degree required.
- 3+ years injection molding experience in the rubber industry desired
- Demonstrated knowledge of process troubleshooting techniques, root cause analysis, design of experiment and data-driven corrective and preventive action plans.
- Previous experience in lean manufacturing concepts, continuous improvement activities and statistical process control is preferred.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and meet timelines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a “can do” attitude.
- Technical ability to create process documentation, interpret part prints and tool drawings, SolidWorks experience preferred.
- ISO 13485 industry experience preferred.
- Lean Manufacturing experience preferred.