3rd shift Production Supervisor
Sturtevant, Wisconsin | November 8, 2019
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Optimizing operations through leading, ongoing coaching and feedback, motivating, and supporting associates within the assigned shift.
- Strong interpersonal skills, process aptitude, and proven ability to implement lean principles, including 5S, Standard Work, PDCA, root cause analysis, SMED, Poka Yoke, Visual Management and counter
- Provide motivation, support, guidance and performance feedback to employees. Enforce personal accountability for all levels of staff. Identify and close training gaps to promote capability and flexibility of the team.
- Observing and monitoring the optimal deployment of labor, material and time to meet production schedules.
- Lead shift huddles and daily communication with team and support teams.
- Planning and coordinating repairs should malfunctions occur.
- Troubleshoot to determine corrective actions for nonconformances to product / equipment.
- Motivate associates to exhibit good housekeeping and safe work practices at all times.
- Maintain associates time / schedule within payroll system.
- Lead/participate in safety related activities including accident investigations.
- Assist in operator training.
- Enter / verify production data in ERP system.
- Participate / lead in continuous improvement activities associated with assigned shift.
- Assists in monthly physical inventory as required.
- This list is not all inclusive and other duties may be assigned as needed.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and three to five years related experience and/or training. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.