Assistant Automation Engineer
Rock Hill, South Carolina | August 13, 2019
Provide support to automation engineer for maintaining and troubleshooting equipment and assisting in automated equipment validations.
- Read and interpret blueprints, schematics, manuals, and written instructions to assist in troubleshooting automation equipment issues.
- Working knowledge and experience with PLC and HMI programming, and hydraulics/pneumatics. Electro-mechanical systems a must. Robotics, vision systems, optics, sensors, a plus.
- Provide technical support for setting up and troubleshooting new and existing automation equipment.
- Communicates with machine operators to troubleshoot issues and provide training to operators.
- Analyzes equipment process data to identify equipment that may not be performing efficiently.
- Manages spare part inventory and contact suppliers to acquire replacement parts.
- Identifies opportunities to improve quality and efficiency of automation equipment.
- Perform equipment validations and provide written documentation of work instructions/procedures to support installation, operation, and performance qualifications (IQ, OQ, PQ).
- Working knowledge of CAD software (SolidWorks, AutoCAD, etc) to assist in designing engineered solutions.
- Assists in performing Preventative Maintenance (PM) and calibrations of existing equipment.
- Ensure automation equipment meets all safety and environmental standards.
- Ensure documentation is clear, correct, and understandable.
- Participate in continuous improvement efforts, corrective action formulation, and root-cause investigation.
- Provide responsive support to the manufacturing operation.
- Prepare interim and final status reports of engineering activities and projects.
- Background in Electrical, Mechanical or Industrial Technology/Engineering, or related field desired.
- Minimum of a two-year technical degree required. Bachelor’s degree in electrical, mechanical or automation engineering preferred.
- At least three years of practical experience troubleshooting automated manufacturing equipment.
- Preferred Experience:
- High volume medical device manufacturing experience, working with the FDA.
- Working knowledge preferred of the following software: Solidworks, AutoCAD, Omron Cx programmer, any of the vision software included NI Vision Builder, Sherlock Vision, Cognex Vision Systems, Keyence Vision Systems, and Adept AIM.
Knowledge of cGMP and IQ/OQ/PQ requirements.