Corporate Benefits Analyst
Solon, Ohio | March 12, 2020
Purpose of the job
The Corporate Benefits Analyst will administer associates’ insurance, pension and savings plans and works with insurance brokers and plan carriers. Project lead for the company’s annual open enrollment process.
- Administer various associate benefits programs, such as group health, health savings accounts, dental and vision, accident and disability, life insurance, 401(k), and wellness benefits.
- Serve as the primary contact for plan vendors and administrators. Coordinate transfer of data to external contacts.
- Maintain associates’ benefits files, maintain group benefits database and update associate payroll records.
- Gather associate data and the processing of monthly billings and the preparation.
- Present and explain benefit programs to associates both in person and via webinar.
- Prepare, update, and distribute benefit plan materials to associates.
- Administer, audit and troubleshoot benefit transactions and plans.
- Update and distribute information related to benefit changes.
- Administer benefits enrollment/changes through timely application processing.
- Provide ongoing training and counseling related to benefits as needed to all associates
- Maintain associate benefit filing systems and ensure benefit changes are entered appropriately in payroll system for payroll deduction.
- Process enrollments, COBRA, beneficiary updates, disability claims, and other requests as needed.
- Ensures data integrity between carriers and payroll systems.
- Partner with accounting and payroll on interrelated tasks.
- Ensure meeting state and federal compliance re: COBRA, ACA, FMLA, and HSA
- Coordinates the support for all FMLA, Leave of Absence cases, and Workers Compensation claims.
- Act as liaison between associates and management on leave of absence status and any ongoing updates.
- Files EEO-1 annually; maintains other records, reports and logs to conform to EEO regulations
- Assist with 5500 reports and IRS filing procedures.
- Develop, coordinate, maintain, implement and promote wellness programs and events in support of physical activity, nutrition, and overall health as well as emotional, social and financial wellness.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, skills and experience – the minimum qualifications and experience required to perform the responsibilities of this position
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in benefits administration or related field required
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or related field or equivalent experience
- Working knowledge of Ultimate software preferred
- Prior manufacturing experience preferred
- Strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills, ability to work within a team
- Sense of urgency, attention to details and a self-starter
- Strong Interpersonal skills, customer service experience and ability to build collaborative relationships
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to travel up to 15%