Sturtevant, Wisconsin | April 2, 2019
RESPONSIBILITY AND AUTHORITY:
- Follow specific engineering protocol without deviation to run samples and trials of new tools, develop robust processes and write recommendations of new processes
- Understand and use travelers, blueprints, engineering specifications, SOP’s as required to set up and operate presses and other equipment
- Understand and operate all injection and transfer press controls and operator interfaces.
- Maintain accurate written records and use the M1 system as required for thorough documentation
- Ensure all employees understand new processes and procedures through effective communicate with engineers, supervisors, maintenance technicians, quality assurance personnel and press operators.
- Train operators on the requirements and production process of new production tooling
- Maintain a clean and orderly work environment
- Perform other related duties as assigned by supervisor
Has daily contact with Engineering Manager and Process Engineering Manager to discuss priorities, schedules and any problems affecting the department. Has daily contact with Engineers, supervisors, and Quality Assurance personnel to resolve product issues or recommend improvements. Has daily contact with Maintenance personnel to troubleshoot equipment problems or recommend improvements.
- High school diploma.
- 2-4 years injection molding and/or injection press experience preferred as well as proficiency in all aspects of equipment operation for injection presses, transfer presses, and all related secondary equipment – e.g. material pumps, chillers, and temperature control units
- Currently forklift certified, or the ability to obtain certification within 90 days of hire
- Ability to lift 25 pounds
- Computer proficiency
- Excellent written and oral communication and problem-solving skills.