Sturtevant, Wisconsin | August 27, 2020
This is an exciting opportunity to directly contribute to the growth of Qure-Medical – Sturtevant. The focus of this role is to complete set up and change overs of LSR injection molding machines.
- Experience and proficiency in the set-up and changeover of both hydraulic and electric injection molding machines of 25 – 400 ton press sizes as well as all related secondary equipment, e.g., material pumps, chillers and temperature control units. (Barrel clean, tool hang, process).
- Establish the production process using saved press programs and the standard listed on the traveler.
- Run samples and obtain 1st piece approval for job start-up.
- Lead groups of employees with various molding skill levels on the requirements and production process.
- Monitor production for accuracy and efficiency and work with quality inspectors to ensure part quality. Analyze and correct problems for operators as necessary to help them achieve standard output.
- Understand and use travelers, blueprints, engineering specifications, SOP’s as required to perform setups and correct problems.
- Understand and operate all press controls and operator interfaces.
- Maintain accurate written records and use the IQMS as required for documentation.
- Perform material and color changes along with proper IQMS transactions.
- Be knowledgeable of all the requirements involved in starting up and/or closing down the plant.
- Promote safety by abiding to all related policies and procedures.
- Participate in and lead training initiatives to improve personal and co-worker skill sets.
- Communicate with prior and oncoming shifts to give work assignments and expectations to achieve production requirements and promote shift interaction and awareness. Communicate well with supervisors, manufacturing engineers, maintenance technicians, quality assurance personnel and press operators.
- Hold a valid Fork Truck License within 90 days of hire date.
- Minimum of three years recent experience as a process set-up technician in the field of LSR molding with a strong mechanical aptitude required.
- Knowledge of hydraulics and/or electrical systems
- Good communication skills. Strong visual skills for assessing part quality.
- Must be able to stand/walk for a full manufacturing shift.
- Moderate computer skills.
- Able to lift up to 55 pounds.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.