Sturtevant, Wisconsin | January 3, 2020
Reporting to the Plant Manager at our Sturtevant facility, this critical position will direct daily production activities across 3 shifts and strive to continuously improve safety, quality and productivity while maximizing both human and automated resources. The successful candidate will possess high energy and demonstrate a hands-on approach to lead and coach from the floor and execute lean manufacturing initiatives. This position reports to the Plant Manager and works closely with Planning, Quality, Engineering and Maintenance.
- Plans and directs production activities and establishes production priorities to meet plant goals for safety, scrap, labor/equipment utilization, production efficiencies, and budget.
- Promote application of lean initiatives and new technology to products, processes and equipment. Determine and track labor requirements and process bottlenecks (i.e.: TAKT vs. Cycle Times). Work with Engineering to identify improvements in manufacturing equipment/process to improve productivity and quality of current and future products while expecting cost reductions. Strong interpersonal skills, process aptitude, and proven ability to implement lean principles, including PDCA, root cause analysis, SMED, Poka Yoke, 5S, Visual Management. Demonstrate personnel management and proven track record of project leadership and management skills and adherence to KPIs.
- Provide motivation, support, guidance and performance feedback to all department employees. Enforce personal accountability for all levels of staff. Determine and execute programs for development, training, and succession planning. Identify and close training gaps to promote capability and flexibility of the team.
- Identify, recommend, implement process improvements and CAPEX projects.
- Develop and implement operating methods and procedures designed to eliminate operational issues by identifying root cause through data analysis and team engagement.
- Manufacturing rep providing input, approval and execution of IQ/OQ/PQ Validation and PFMEA. Works with Planning to ensure smooth-coordination of scheduling and maximization of schedule adherence; identifies and recommends resource needs for staffing.
- Works with Planning to ensure smooth-coordination of scheduling and maximization of schedule adherence; identifies and recommends resource needs for staffing.
- Minimum qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering, or equivalent (2-5 years Manufacturing Management experience) leading non-union hourly work force.
- Advanced training in personnel management.
- Demonstrated experience in a Lean Manufacturing environment. Trained in or has applied Lean and Six Sigma (Green or Black belt) principles.
- ISO 13485 experience preferred.