Production Supervisor – Jasper
Jasper, Georgia | October 27, 2020
Lead the Production Team in the manufacturing of rubber parts in their assigned area on the designated shift (3rd shift)
Key Accountabilities/ Role:
- Develop and manage manufacturing processes to meet or exceed product standards under safe conditions and in accordance with production schedules and good manufacturing practices. Involves the most effective and efficient use of available resources to produce products that meet or exceed customer requirements for cost, quality, and service
- Review product documentation and manufacturing operational documentation to ensure compliance and accuracy. Utilize appropriate systems, procedures and cross functional input to manage revisions to documents, processes and products
- Through deployment of established processes responsible for identifying opportunities to improve service, minimize scrap, or otherwise reduce manufacturing costs and improve product quality
- Responsible for enforcing all safety and Standard Operating Procedures assuring compliance with all Corporate and regulatory requirements including global agencies
- Responsible for motivating and developing production associates to meet the current and future challenges of the business
- Establish an environment for a safe and secure facility and utilize associate participation to improve the environment. Enhance the level of housekeeping and cleanliness and provide essentials for continual quality improvements. Ensure compliance to all OSHA training requirements and regulations
- Monitors and makes business decisions based on facility metrics (Work Management System) to ensure optimum performance from associates and all levels
- Planning and coordinating equipment repairs with Planning, Engineering and the Maintenance team should malfunctions occur
Knowledge, skills, and experience:
High school diploma or GED. Three to five years experience supervising associates in a manufacturing environment.
Associates Degree or higher in management, business or an engineering discipline preferred. Prefer experience in high volume rubber manufacturing experience, working with the FDA or automotive industries.
PC and business system skills. Ability to use or quickly grasp MS office, and other software and systems utilized in operations
Must be able to cover for other shifts, when needed.
Must be able to work 6-7 days per week, if needed.