Twinsburg, Ohio | February 1, 2018
1. Facilitate timely engineering of molds and accessory tooling.
2. Provide quotations on estimated tooling costs, mold designs, layouts, etc.
3. Write purchase orders for molds and other tooling.
4. Interface with customers regarding part and mold designs and support QSR sales.
5. Maintain extensive knowledge of and act in accordance with quality systems.
6. Utilizes AutoCAD, Pro-E and Solid Works for rubber 2D and 3D mold design.
7. Designs precision rubber molds for injection, hot transfer, cold transfer, and compression molding,
along with other applicable tooling to produce elastomer parts and seals.
8. Reviews and defines customer drawings in conjunction with other Project Engineers, Process
Engineers, and Manager of Engineering.
9. Works with Process Technicians to maintain, review, and revise, as necessary, processes and
procedures to increase efficiency and effectiveness for all aspects of operations including ECN’s.
10. Operates presses and other equipment such as OGP system or optical comparator, calipers,
micrometers, etc. as necessary throughout manufacturing.
11. Reviews work order and procedural manuals to determine dimensions of design.
12. Active member of APQP teams, Continual Improvement teams and promotes quality and the standards
of TS16949. Maintains engineering files.
13. Actively participates on new product development & SAP team with chemists, and manufacturing
14. Works closely with QSR tooling and outside mold shops to insure the best mold design and build
possible to help achieve a goal of zero rework.