Solon, Ohio | January 31, 2020
Purpose of the job
The Tax Director role will develop and implement the organization’s corporate tax strategy and manages all aspects of the organization’s global tax reporting function. Prepare or review a variety of tax related documents, ensuring accuracy and compliance with applicable guidelines and regulations
- Develop and lead implementation of international tax strategy. Advise senior management on strategies for minimizing the organization’s global tax liabilities and developing cash repatriation
- Serve as an advisor in strategic transactions, such as acquisitions, divestitures, corporate structure, etc.
- Manage the preparation of US federal and state tax related documents or filings, which may include federal, state, or local tax returns, declarations, or extensions
- Manage the preparation of foreign informational returns (Form 5471)
- Manage the preparation of US income tax provision in accordance with ASC 740
- Coordinate the preparation of international tax returns and provision calculations
- Develop and implement transfer pricing policies and procedures. Ensure appropriate documentation is in place.
- Advise local finance and business leaders on implementation of local tax planning initiatives.
- Stay abreast of tax code changes and ensure ongoing compliance
- Assist with overseeing IRS and state audits
- Research, interpret, and understand existing or revised tax codes, laws, or forms. Modify work procedures to reflect changes in tax law or code
- Manage the process of state registrations, sales and use tax, franchise tax, and other business taxes
- Manage the relationship with external service providers to optimize cost of compliance.
- Reports to: Corporate Controller
Knowledge, skills and experience
- 10+ years’ experience, combination of public accounting and corporate tax experience is preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance required
- CPA required/ Master in Taxation preferred
- Comprehensive knowledge of international tax rules and experience with a global organization is required
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience with federal, state and local tax compliance
- Strong technical knowledge and experience in tax accounting. Manufacturing experience required
- Proven ability to research, interpret and apply tax rules
- Strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills, ability to work within a team
- Strong communication skills with all organizational levels across international locations, as well as federal, state and local tax authorities
- Sense of urgency, attention to details and a self-starter