Purpose of the job – to operate a press, producing rubber automotive parts with good quality, in a safe and productive manner.
Reporting relationships –
Reports to: Production Supervisor
- Monitors and operates the press through repeated inspections of molded product to ensure the optimal process is maintained to produce the highest quality part and production expectations are met.
- Monitors assigned area for any safety issues that may arise.
- Reports any barriers that may jeopardize Safety, Quality, and / or Production.
- Troubleshoots molding issues as necessary to meet expectations.
- Exhibits good housekeeping at all times.
- Operate the press in a safe, efficient manner.
- Check parts while unloading and between heats.
- Place good direct ship parts in boxes on pallets and place good parts that aren’t direct ship in tubs and set on floor.
- Keep material and parts protected and covered at all times.
- Follow the Process Sheet (along with special instructions) and conduct process checks as required.
- Communicate with previous and following operator on press operation.
- Place tickets in tubs and boxes for batch control.
- Check temperature, tonnage, and cure time at least once per shift, per process sheet.
- Complete all paperwork correctly and on time which includes 2 hour production checks, scrap, downtime and process checks
- Communicate all issues to Line Leads and Supervisors
- Clean up work area during and at the end of each shift.
- Ability to push/pull/lift/carry varying weights of material and equipment up to 50 lbs.
- Aware and understand QSR Quality policy and IATF 16949 work instructions.
- This list is not all inclusive and other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Physical Demands – While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Employee will come in frequent contact with various types of machine oils, lubricants, silicone, and latex.
Knowledge, skills, and experience – To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Satisfactory completion of Operator training program
- Must be capable of pushing / pulling a mold from the press safely; or without potential harm to the tooling and/or equipment associated with the molding operation.
- Must be capable of wearing all PPE associated with the job function