QSR Receives Prestigious Ford Q1 Certification
News | November 27, 2017
The Jasper, Georgia facility of Quality Synthetic Rubber (QSR) was recently awarded Ford Motor Company’s Q1 Certification, which is considered throughout the world as an indication of exceptional quality and customer satisfaction.
The Q1 Certification is awarded to Ford suppliers who demonstrate excellence beyond the ISO/TS certification requirements in five critical areas: capable systems, continuous improvement, ongoing performance, superior manufacturing process and customer satisfaction.
To qualify, companies must simultaneously achieve the following:
• 100% on-time delivery and service
• Zero customer quality complaints/notifications and no open corrective actions
• Best in class PPM measures
• Q1 “score” must exceed 800 points (maximum possible score is 1750). Jasper’s current Q1 score is 1325.
• Written endorsements from: Ford Manufacturing (each ship-to location), Ford Customer Service Division, Ford Supplier Technical Assistance, Ford Material Planning & Logistics
“Receiving this certification is the direct result of Jasper associates’ hard work and commitment to quality. I am very excited that the team’s dedication has paid off in the receipt of the Q1 Certification since it’s one of the most prestigious in the automotive industry,” says Freddy Walker, QSR Quality Manager.
Matt Ledford, QSR Plant Manager, states, “This recognition exemplifies the daily routine of an exceptional 240+ member team, and that is to provide a world class product and best-in-class service within a tough automotive environment. I could not be prouder of everyone here at Jasper.”