Maintenance Facilities and Safety Manager
Sturtevant, Wisconsin | February 26, 2020
This is an exciting opportunity to directly contribute to the growth of Qure-Medical – Sturtevant. In this critical role you will work on a number of projects related to plant capacity and provide leadership, engineering and technical support for plant equipment, infrastructure, and project management oversight of equipment installations and facility upgrades. Lead the Safety, Health and Environmental programs for the facility. Assess and assure the correct spare parts are on hand to reduce downtime and reduce costs. The ideal candidate will be well-organized and able to optimize the use of technical resources, ERP systems, plant layout/space and equipment while reducing operating costs.
- Provide daily oversight to the Maintenance team to facilitate the reduction of downtime. Develop, enhance, and monitor plant maintenance metrics, including PMs, MTTR, and MTBF.
- Technical resource for maintenance/facilities capital expenditure projects impacting plant performance, cost reduction initiatives or new business launches.
- Provide technical resources to all company departments and actively participate in cross functional continual improvement teams.
- Maintain PLC and HMI programs and back-ups for all applicable manufacturing equipment and provide training and troubleshooting support to Maintenance.
- Initiate, implement, and cost justify modifications to plant machinery to improve equipment performance, line utilization/uptime, waste reduction, and product quality and safety.
- Manages 3rd Party Vendors both on and offsite regarding machinery design and installation projects and service vendors (HVAC, Waste, Grounds, Security, Fire Protection, etc). Develop and maintain preventive and predictive maintenance systems utilizing CMMS/ERP system.
- Manage Health, Safety and Environmental activities and ensure compliance to applicable codes and company safety initiatives. Conduct all employee annual required training.
- Engineering or Technical degree or coursework related to mechanical, electrical, hydraulics, etc.
- Intimate knowledge of the workings of hydraulic presses, including elect. boards/cabinets, PLC & HMI programs, air, hydraulics, etc.
- Significant understanding of all styles of presses, automation, and vision, mixers, mills and extruders a plus.